Monday, September 19, 2011

What Eyes are For

In order to identify the speck in your eye, I must align it with the self-pixelated grain of the beam in my own. Were I not exceedingly familiar with the warp and woof of the beam's bark in my eye, I would have no frame of reference. And because the beam in my eye obscures my vision, I misjudge the magnitude of the speck in your eye. Combined with the view of the beam in my eye your speck seems enormous. Having failed to order my "dominion", I violate yours. If you treat me as I have treated you, both of us will escape the transformative agony of emerging from our mutual shields and being seen and loved for who we are. We will miss God's healing glance delivered through each other's eyes and waste the purpose of our sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment